There are plenty of events that take place in this town. These events are important especially to a visitor because he needs to know which month has an event for him to make a schedule of what to attend, when and where.
ØJanuary: There is a carnival event that ushers in all festival and events during that year. This event has colorful parades, plenty of entertainment and so on.
ØFebruary: Carnival event is held a day prior to Shrove Tuesday and colorful parades are found anywhere. The climax of this festival is the handing over of the key to “couple of the city’ by the mayor.
- Rose Monday locally known as Rosenmontag is held between February and March. It marks the beginning of German carnival season, which commences on Collop Monday before the Ash Wednesday and ushers in lent season. The celebration involves fancy costumes, serious drinking, parades, dancing and so on.
- Women’s carnival is held between this month and March especially the last Tuesday prior to Fastnacht. Here, women play pranks like cutting off men’s ties.
ØMarch: There is Easter celebration, which begins late march to early April. This event starts on Good Friday where people eat fish in resemblance of the Easter feast. Some of the celebrations during this period include Easter bunnies, fires and well decorated eggs. The climax is when eggs are hid by parents for children to locate.
ØApril: There is Flea market event, which is takes place on every third Sunday between this month and October. It is Germans largest flea market where stalls and booths lined along 4km in Rheinaue Park.
ØMay: During this month, there is the Rhine in Flames event, which takes places on first Saturday of May. It is believed to be the longest and largest fireworks show in this region where over 100,000 are witnessed. The climax is when darkness fall and 100 ships sail in the Rhine starting from Koblenz to Bonn Rheinauen.
- Bonn summer is also held from this month to late October. There are over 100 events in this festival, which focuses on Dialogue between cultures.
ØJune: There are no significant events in this month.
ØJuly: In this month, there is the German F1 Grand Prix, which takes place near Nurburgring and alternates each second year with Hockenheimring, which is in baden-Wurttenmberg.
- Bonner Bierborse is also held end of this month. This is a beer event where over 600 brews around the world are sampled as local and international music is performed on the open air stage.
ØAugust: The international Beethovenfest takes place from late august until late September. This event is celebrated in commemoration of Ludwig Van Beethoven who was a famous composer. There are performances from the Beethoven Orchestra Bonn.
ØSeptember: On the 1st and 2nd week of this month, there is the Putzchens Markt event, which starts with a church service as well as cask opening. This was originally a pilgrim market but changed to be Bonn’s major folk festivals.
ØOctober: On a weekend, Fishmarket is held and entails stands and stalls from this country and around the world. This event takes place on Bad Godesburg TheaterPlatz and Bonn Munsterplatz where regional fish specialties are offered.
- On 3rd of this month, there is Day of German Unity, which is to celebrate the union between east and West German.
- In the mid of this month, there is the Three bridge run. This event ends at the Kennedy Bridge on Rhine Embankment. There are tow runs, the 10km/6miles and the 30km/19miles.
ØNovember: There is a Christmas market event from late this month to 23rd December on Bonn Munsterplatz. Home brewed and Lebkuchen are on sale.
ØDecember: On 6th night, there is St, Nikolous Day where children wear boots and are filled with goodies and sweets.
- Christmas is held in the entire city.